The S.C. 4-H Engineering Challenge
Saturday, March 25, 2017
Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College
An opportunity for students 9-19 to learn, have fun, demonstrate their science, technology, engineering and math skills, and compete for individual and team honors.
Click on the name of the challenge below to view its preparation document. Documents explain the rules of each challenge, what to bring, and what to expect. Students are expected to read the preparation document prior to attending the event.
Bridge Building Challenge – Teams of 2-4 students
Egg Lofter Rocket Challenge (updated)- Teams of 2-3 students
Energy House Challenge – Teams of 2-4 students
GPS Challenge – Teams of 2-4 students
LEGO Robotics Challenge – Teams of 2-6 students
Mystery Challenge – Teams of 2-4 students. No prep document; its a mystery!
Power of Photography Challenge – NEW! Individuals submit a photo and description prior to the event.
Solar Oven Showcase Challenge – NEW! Teams of 2-4 students
Interested in having a booth at the STEM Fair? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Make it a family outing! A STEM Fair will be set up during the event to provide fun, hands-on STEM activities and interactive demonstrations for all ages. Adult chaperones and non-participant children can purchase a lunch for the event on the registration page.
This event is run with the help of almost 100 volunteers. Interested in volunteering? Click here to see descriptions of volunteer duties.
Registration will be open January 6- March 1.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
- Pre-registration is required for participation in all challenges. Each challenge has a limited number of tickets available.
- It is expected that students are prepared to compete before attending the event. Please read the preparation document for the challenge you have registered for.
- Registration includes t-shirt and lunch for registered participants (except for the Power of Photography Challenge). Lunch is not included for chaperones, but can be purchased separately.
- Participants must bring items to participate in certain challenges. Please read the preparation document for the challenge you are going to register for.
- Once you purchase your team or individual ticket, you will be sent a link and asked to fill out information about the student(s) you have registered. This information includes each student’s name, age, gender, ethnicity, lunch preference, and t-shirt size. This information is required by March 1 for the student(s) to participate in the challenge you have registered them for.
Check out last year’s event!
The Clemson University Cooperative Extension Service offers its programs to people of all ages, regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital or family status and is an equal opportunity employer.