NEW for 2019/2020
SOTM is now offering On-Site STEM Field Trips!
On-Site Field Trips are available for students in grades 3-5. Field Trips are designed for students to experience hands-on explorations related to grade-level content (see below). Each activity is prepared for a group of 20-30 students and will last approximately 45 to 60 minutes. During the on-site field trip, teachers are required to remain with their students. The on-site facilitator must be located in one room for the on-site field trip, allowing classes to rotate approximately every hour.
(*NOTE: All materials are provided.)
Elementary School On-Site Field Trip Activity Choices:
- Exploring Electricity (3rd grade)– Students learn about the components of an electrical circuit and build circuits that will control light and motion by using Snap Circuit kits.
- Animal Adaptations (4th grade)– Students will discover how animals’ adaptations help them survive in their environments. During this activity, students will create an animal track to keep.
- Paper Rocket Design (5th grade)- Students design, build and launch a paper rocket to explore motion, direction, and speed. Students may keep rockets.
After School On-Site Field Trip Activity Choices:
- Binary Code (3rd-5th grade)– Students discover how computers use code to convert and store information. They will learn how to write their name in binary code and make a binary code bracelet to take home.
- Engineering Design (3rd-5th grade)– Students explore the Engineering Design Process and complete an engineering design challenge.
For our initial launch of on-site field trips (2019/2020), we are accepting the first elementary and the first after school program in each of the following counties AT NO COST:
Cherokee, Chester, Chesterfield, Fairfield, Kershaw, Lancaster, Union, and York.
Contact us if you have questions about this service.