2019-2020 On-Site STEM Field Trips
On-Site STEM Field Trips are available for students in grades 3-5. They are designed for students to experience hands-on explorations related to grade-level content (see below). Each activity is prepared for a group of 20-30 students and will last approximately 45 to 60 minutes. During the on-site field trip, teachers/staff are required to remain with their students. The on-site facilitator must be located in one room for the on-site field trip, allowing classes to rotate approximately every hour.
(NOTE: All materials are provided.)
Elementary School On-Site Field Trip Activities:
- Exploring Electricity (3rd grade)– Students learn about the components of an electrical circuit and build circuits that will control light and motion by using Snap Circuit kits.
- Animal Adaptations (4th grade)– Students will discover how animals’ adaptations help them survive in their environments. During this activity, students will create an animal track to keep.
- Paper Rocket Design (5th grade)- Students design, build and launch a paper rocket to explore motion, direction, and speed. Students may keep rockets.
After School On-Site Field Trip Activities:
- Binary Code (3rd-5th grade)– Students are introduced to the concept of computer coding. They will learn how to write their name in binary code and make a binary code bracelet to take home.
- Engineering Design (3rd-5th grade)– Students explore the Engineering Design Process and complete an engineering design challenge.
How to get a FREE On-Site STEM Field Trip:
For our initial launch of on-site field trips (2019/2020), we are offering all of the services above AT NO COST for the first elementary and the first after school program in each of the following counties:
Cherokee, Chester, Chesterfield, Fairfield, Kershaw, Lancaster, Union, and York.
Click here to fill out an application.
After our free spots are scheduled, we can schedule visits to other schools and afterschool programs. Pricing for on-site field trips are as follows:
- Schools: $325 for 3 hours or less, $650 for up to 7 hours
- Afterschool Programs: $250 per visit
- Contracts for 3 or more schools by a district will receive a 10% discount.
- Contracts for 5 or more afterschool sites under the same organization will receive a 10% discount.
- Contracts for 10 or more half days will receive a 10% discount. Contracts for 10 or more whole days will receive a 10% discount.
Contact us to schedule On-Site STEM Field Trips for your district, school, or afterschool program.
If you are looking for resources for other activities, check out our Helpful Links page.